Traffic Light | Cloud | flOw | Active Quiz
Play flOw online | Download flOw offline version (PC & Mac, 9.6Mb)
FlOw is a game about piloting an aquatic organism through a surreal biosphere where players consume other organisms, evolve, and advance their organisms to the abyss.
As part of Jenova Chen's thesis research, flOw inherits an embedded design of active DDA (dynamic difficulty adjustment), players with differing skill levels can intuitively customize their experiences in the zone and enjoy the game at their own pace. “Addicting” is the most common word its fans use to describe it.
- Minimal control opens the door for casual gamer and non-gamer
- Control the balance between speed and turning leaves space for hardcore player to master
- Wide range of gameplay from simply swimming around to strategical evolving and intensive fighting for survival
- Customize flow experience naturally through the core gameplay, swimming and eating
- Transparent and meaningful choices
- Small risk, small reward; Big risk, big reward
- Minimal penalty, no Flow breakers
During the first two weeks after flOw was released online, it attracted more than 350,000 downloads. Up till today, flOw has attracted more than 600,000 downloads.
- flOw won the "Internet Game of the Month" on EDGE magazine, May 2006
- flOw was invited and presented at the annual Experimental Gameplay Workshop during the GDC 2006